Program Coordinator, Black Alliance for Educational Options
Posted by on January 17, 2011
GREATER PHILADELPHIA URBAN AFFAIRS COALITION (GPUAC)
PHILADELPHIA BLACK ALLIANCE FOR EDUCATIONAL OPTIONS
POSITION: PROGRAM COORDINATOR I I
BAEO, a program partner of the Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition (GPUAC) is currently looking for an individual to fill the position of Program Coordinator I I.
The individual selected for this position will EDUCATE parents about quality educational options available to them in Philadelphia, ENGAGE parents and community in all aspects of their child’s educational process, and EMPOWER parents to make informed choices about the education of their children.
The individual selected for this position will have responsibility for the following:
– Develop and cultivate relationships with local and state-wide organizations that are advocating for school choice.
– Develop and plan educational initiatives throughout the City of Philadelphia.
– Develop and maintain relationships with charter schools, cyber schools, and home school communities.
– Coordinate events on behalf of BAEO to articulate and educate school choice to legislatures and/or media.
– Coordinate and execute a yearly signature and advocacy event.
– Organize and engage parents at signature events for BAEO.
– Write and edit BAEO articles for quarterly newsletter.
– Speak on behalf of BAEO at public events.
– Track and analyze BAEO information in MS Office database.
QUALI F ICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be energetic, have a car, and be willing to work a flexible schedule (some evenings/weekends required). In addition to the above, must also have the following qualifications:
– A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
– Minimum of two years of programmatic experience, preferably in a non-profit and/or community based agency.
– Train the Trainer certification (or similar).
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
– Must be aware and able to articulate school choice issues on a local and national level.
– Ability to develop and drive implementation of strategic and tactical plans to achieve outreach and advocacy goals.
– Must be knowledgeable about BAEO and the educational options that are available to parents in Philadelphia.
– Must be able and willing to effectively communicate with parents, legislators and various forms of the media through telephone, presentations, and written contact.
– Requires demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
– Must be detailed oriented, personable, and have the ability to handle confidential information.
– Must be proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
– Must have prior experience in public speaking and working with diverse communities.
– Must be able to work independently on projects while also building collaborative relationships.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits package
Send cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to:
Attention: Darlene Callands
1207 Chestnut Street, 2nd F l.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Fax: (215) 564-9376
BAEO/GPUAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- External Evaluator, Philadelphia Education Fund – Jun 26
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Member Development Coordinator – Jun 19
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator – Jun 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.