Program Assistant, NeighborhoodsNow
Posted by on September 8, 2008
Program Assistant – September 2008
The Program Assistant, a key part of the NeighborhoodsNow team, is expected to work independently and provide support to NeighborhoodsNow’s mission of increasing the economic vitality of the city and region by strengthening Philadelphia’s low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. NeighborhoodsNow’s mission comes to life through public policy work, direct redevelopment projects and strategic partnerships, designed to build upon the City’s neighborhood assets. The Program Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all organizational and Board meetings, including compilation of meeting materials, meeting logistics and communication with attendees. Takes and transcribes Board meeting minutes.
- Coordinates all logistics for organizational events including caterers and property managers.
- Maintains office including selecting and maintaining accounts with vendors; ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Develops and maintains various resource information databases for use in program operations.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail. Prepares responses for incoming mail as necessary.
- Answers telephone and determines appropriate response to inquires.
- Responds independently to routine and non-routine inquiries on specified issues, either by phone, electronic mail or written correspondence.
- Assists in the coordination of the Executive Director’s activities including calendar maintenance, making travel arrangements, and resolving any scheduling conflicts that arise.
- Follows proper procedures for reporting payroll, retirement and other benefits and coordinates with the Accountant in resolving problems.
- Processes all invoices and check requests for payment, obtains required signatures and prepares all checks through use of Peachtree computer application.
- Works closely with Accountant to ensure proper recording of payments.
- Arranges for set-up of all bank accounts and prepares all bank deposits.
- Assists in gathering and preparing documents for grant proposals and applications.
- Develops and maintains filing system for grants, board meeting, and programs.
- Assists in developing reports for city, state and federal funds and ensures that proper narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner. Develops and maintains the calendar for all grant reporting.
- As directed, conducts research on national, regional and local resources to support program design and delivery; research includes information on community development public policy issues, training opportunities, funding resources and other relevant resource information.
- Additional duties as outlined by Executive Director to ensure efficient program and office operations.
The successful applicant must demonstrate experience in working independently and showing initiative.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years office experience; previous executive assistant experience a plus.
- Familiarity with coordination of financial records and accounting systems a plus.
- Strong written and oral skills required.
- Computer literacy and use of word process, spreadsheets is required.
- Familiarity with databases for maintaining addresses highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Contribute or other website management software is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, economic, social and educational backgrounds is required.
Interested applicants, please send a resume and cover letter (no calls) to: email@example.com
Or to :Diane-Louise (D-L) Wormley
1211 Chestnut Street, Suite 310
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Deadline: Friday, September 12, 2008. The position is available effective October 1, 2008, but it is hoped that the selected candidate will spend some time with the outgoing Program Assistant before the end of September.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.