Professional Development Manager, Mazzoni Center
Posted by Mazzoni Center on February 27, 2017
Professional Development Manager
Mazzoni Center is seeking a Professional Development Manager to oversee our education services for adults, including the Philadelphia Trans Health Conference and our LGBTQ Cultural Competency Trainings. This position will work with internal staff and external partner agencies to assure consistency and quality of service delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Creates curriculum and delivers trainings around LGBT capacity assistance, awareness, health, and wellness to clinical and non-clinical service providers, businesses, schools and other institutions
- Oversees the communications between Mazzoni Center’s LGBT health and capacity team, other internal presenters and potential partner
- Manages communications with individuals or institutions who request trainings, ensuring all necessary information is approved by both parties including training content, scheduling, presenter information, training requirements, cost, etc.
- Directly supervises the General Coordinator to provide support and guidance with all aspects of the PTHC including assistance with the PTHC support staff and PTHC Community Advisory Board
- Directly supervises Professional Development staff/interns/volunteers
- Develops necessary resources and materials
- Assure program compliance with Mazzoni Center standards as well as the funder’s standards
- Ensure proper quantitative and qualitative data collection, aggregation and organization
- Generate internal monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of programs as needed
- Assist Human Resources Director and Prevention and Education Services Director with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of Mazzoni Center’s Professional Development full time, part time, fee for service, internship and volunteer staff.
- Oversee orientation and develop training for Professional Development staff.
- Provide weekly supervision to Professional Development staff.
- Maintain written notes of all supervision sessions.
- Complete initial and annual performance evaluations for supervisee
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy and Pennsylvania Act 148
- Participate in weekly supervision with Prevention Services Director
- Participate in agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required
- Participate in public speaking engagements, community events, or meetings with prospective partners as deemed appropriate by Prevention Services Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Master’s degree in Education or Social Services field required
- Working knowledge of Philadelphia’s LGBT community resources required
- Working knowledge of LGBT and high-risk populations required
- Working knowledge of LGBT awareness, health and wellness support required
- Background in sexuality education for adults required
- Strong public speaking, group facilitation, and communication skills required
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through required
- Experience working with continuing education programs preferred
- Working knowledge of basic logistics of clinical service delivery preferred
- Staff and volunteer management required
- Computer literate with knowledge of Windows, Microsoft WORD, and Excel, Power Point required
If you are interested in applying for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Patricia Dunne, Human Resources Director (email@example.com) and Eric Paulukonis, Prevention and Education Services Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Prison Monitoring Regional Organizer/Manager, PA Prison Society
- Hiring Event-Job Fair, The Behavioral Wellness Center – Mar 22
- Workforce Development Job Coach (Part-Time), Educators 4 Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.