Principles and Practices of Volunteer Program Management
Posted by on November 10, 2008
Principles and Practices of Volunteer Program Management is a seminar designed for volunteer managers, hosted by Maria H. Casey, Director of Volunteer Resources of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York.
This is the perfect refresher course for experienced managers and a “must” for those new to volunteer administration.
During the two-day program, volunteer managers will learn to:
* Design positions for volunteers that are meaningful and motivating
* Recruit and interview volunteers
* Develop dynamic training programs
* Create strategies for building solid volunteer-staff relations
* Retain volunteers
* Develop an agency-wide needs assessment
* Understand best practices in risk management
* Discuss other critical issues affecting volunteerism today
Date: December 1-2, 2008
Location: The Volunteer Center, Hartsdale, NY
For more information visit the Association of Volunteer Resources Management website.
- College Leadership Summit – Nov 5
- IARSLCE 2021 Virtual Gathering: Reflections on a Tumultuous Time and an Invitation to Gather – Nov 15-17
- Call for Proposals: Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference – Nov 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.