Power Not Paranoia: a dialogue on surveillance and policing
Posted by Media Mobilizing Project on November 6, 2017
Thursday, November 9th at 6PM – 9PM
American Friends Service Committee
1501 Cherry St, Phila PA
Media Mobilizing Project and The Center for Media Justice – home of the Media Action Grassroots Network – in partnership with Wellstone Action and United We Dream, would like to invite you to an evening of dialogue on 21st century policing, the impact on our community, and what we can do to protect ourselves and defend our rights.
- Jazmín Delgado, Accompaniment Coordinator, New Sanctuary Movement of Philadelphia
- Chinyere Tutashinda, National Organizer, Center for Media Justice
- Harrison Rudolph, Center on Privacy & Technology, Georgetown Law Center
- Rachel Levinson-Waldman, Senior Counsel, Brennan Center for Justice
- Hannah Sassaman, Policy Director, Media Mobilizing Project
Free and open to the public. Food provided.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Read by 4th Virtual Lunch & Learn: Teach For America’s High Dosage Tutoring Initiative – Nov 8
- Block Party at the Career and Advanced Technology Center, CCP – Sep 28
- Virtual Training: Trauma-Informed Mentoring – Oct 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.