Postsecondary Success Asset Mapping Toolkit
Posted by fhi360 on May 18, 2015
FHI 360 announces updated Postsecondary Success Asset Mapping (PSAM) — A Toolkit for School Improvement
FHI 360’s Postsecondary Success team is very pleased to announce that an updated version of FHI 360’s Postsecondary Success Asset Mapping (PSAM) — A Toolkit for School Improvement is now available through their Postsecondary Success Collaborative page.
PSAM is designed for high schools and encourages engagement with partners. Other potential users are districts, school networks, college and career access providers and networks, and intermediaries or community-based organizations. Some highlights include:
- PSAM survey. PSAM begins with an online, anonymous survey for school staff and other key partners on five asset areas of college and career readiness. The data from the survey provides a snapshot of school strengths, gaps, and areas for improvement. From there, the PSAM process is to identify priorities and develop and carry out feasible action plans that will lead to college and career readiness for ALL students.
- PSAM Toolkit. The online toolkit provides the survey, guidance, resources, and other tools for integrating the PSAM process into existing school improvement work. PSAM enables schools and their partners to inform and stimulate ongoing analysis and improvement of college and career readiness activities, supports, and services for students. (http://psam-toolkit.fhi360.org/pdfs/PSC-Results-Charts-FINAL.pdf)
- Results to date. A third party evaluation has shown that PSAM has helped public high schools in Miami-Dade, Philadelphia and San Francisco to increase college enrollment and persistence. More than 12,000 students have benefited from schools and their partners collaborating to identify assets and needs, build upon strengths, address gaps, and eliminate redundancy of efforts.
Implementation Support and Collaboration. FHI 360 has trained and provided support to local organizations, schools, and other partners on using PSAM to collaborate on supporting postsecondary success for all students. We are available to support and advise.
More in "New Resources"
- New eBook: Essentials of Social Innovation: Design Thinking
- Expanding Your Pantry’s Reach Through Mini-Pantries
- New Article: Ready To Run Pennsylvania
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.