Post-Secondary Director, Summer Search Philadelphia
Posted by Summer Search on August 24, 2021
ABOUT SUMMER SEARCH
While young people from low-income communities – who are disproportionately young people of color – face systemic inequities in school, in the workforce, and in life, they possess unique strengths, resilience and tremendous potential. When provided with support and resources, these young people fulfill their potential and achieve success in school, work and life.
Through a combination of mentoring and transformative experiences, Summer Search supports young people to successfully transition from adolescence into adulthood. We aim to unleash the potential of our young people while also building a toolkit for navigating and challenging systemic barriers to higher education and career opportunities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Summer Search Philadelphia is seeking a Post-Secondary Director to play an essential role in implementing, refining, and evaluating innovative ways in which we serve our increasingly growing high school students and post-secondary participants. The Director will have the opportunity to hire and lead an internal team to provide high-quality programming (e.g. advising, career coaching) to our high school seniors, college students and students who choose an alternative pathway. The best work does not happen in isolation, we are committed to enjoying this journey and experiencing joy in our work together.
WORKING AT SUMMER SEARCH
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our holistic investment includes:
· Competitive and transparent salaries. This is an exempt position with a starting salary of $74,501.
· Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
· Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
· 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
· Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, and 18 ‘holidays’ (2 floating holidays of your choice, 10 company-wide holidays and a 1-week December closure.
· Individual, local, regional and national training; plus, a $200 professional development stipend for external training
· A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
· An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care/community care
· Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and racial justice, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission. We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team.
Learn more about the Post-Secondary Director opportunity here.
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.