Post-Capitalism Conference – Apr 22-25
Posted by Cooperation Humboldt on April 13, 2021
Thursday, April 22 – Sunday, April 25
This conference is offered at no cost to participants.
Anchored by: Humboldt State University Native American Studies, Politics, Sociology and Environmental Studies Departments; Cooperation Humboldt; New York Ecosocialist Forum; and Humboldt State University – California Faculty Association
The conference is envisioned as a virtual space for grassroots organizations, community activists, educators, students, and others committed to social and environmental justice to come together to exchange experiences/information, strengthen alliances and networks, and devise strategies to create an explicitly post-capitalist society using the “Solidarity Economy” framework.
The approach is grounded in the following core principles:
• Solidarity, cooperation, mutualism
• Equity in all dimensions–race/ethnicity/nationality, class/gender/sexual orientation
• Participatory democracy
- 2021 PEN World Voices Festival – May 18-22
- The Promise of Full Participation: Resilience & Responsibility for Racial and Environmental Justice – May 25
- Call for Proposals: 2021-2022 Campus Compact Webinar Series – May 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.