Policy Report: High School Career and Technical Education
Posted by Education Policy and Leadership Center on October 3, 2016
PENNSYLVANIA EDUCATION POLICY FORUM
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Coffee and Networking – 9:30 a.m.
Program – 10:00 a.m. to Noon
Technical College High School (Brandywine Campus) – 443 Boot Rd., Downingtown, PA 19335
EPLC’s 2016 Report: High School Career and Technical Education: Serving Pennsylvania’s Workforce and Student Needs
RSVP by clicking here. There is no fee, but a RSVP is required. Please feel free to share this invitation with your staff and network.
An Overview of the EPLC Report on High School CTE will be presented by:
Ron Cowell, President, The Education Policy and Leadership Center
Statewide and Regional Perspectives Will Be Provided By:
- Dr. Lee Burket, Director, Bureau of Career & Technical Education, PA Department of Education
- Jackie Cullen, Executive Director, PA Association of Career & Technical Administrators
- Dan Fogarty, Director of Workforce Development & COO, Berks County Workforce Development Board
- Kirk Williard, Ed.D., Director of Career, Technical & Customized Education, Chester County Intermediate Unit
The report on High School Career & Technical Education was published earlier this year following more than a year of work by EPLC and an advisory Study Group that included 30 representatives of a wide variety of stakeholder interests and perspectives.
The report includes 43 specific recommendations for several audiences including K-12 and CTE leaders, higher education, the Governor and General Assembly, the State Board of Education, employers and business leaders, and regional and state workforce development boards.
The Forum on October 12 is an opportunity to hear from EPLC, study group members, and others about the report’s findings and recommendations, and to provide your reactions concerning implementation of the recommendations.
While there is no registration fee, seating is limited and an RSVP is required. RSVP on-line at:
Thanks to our Sponsors!
This EPLC Education Policy Forum receives support from:
The Grable Foundation
The Heinz Endowments
The Hillman Foundation
Pennsylvania Business Council Foundation
Pennsylvania School Boards Association
Pennsylvania Association of Career and Technical Administrators
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Keep Ya Head Up: Using Art to Inspire Peace – Aug 12
- Dollar & A Dream: Turning Your Vision Into a Reality – Aug 11
- Everything Is Love: Making Generational Changes to Our Health & Wellness – Aug 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.