Policy Fellowship for Graduate and Doctoral Students (Part-Time), Sustainable Business Network
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is proud to announce our Policy Fellowship Program, offering graduate and doctoral students interested in understanding and working with us to develop policies that support local and diverse values-driven businesses throughout Greater Philadelphia. This fellowship provides a monthly stipend for a one-year period beginning January 2023 with the possibility of transitioning into a full-time role with the organization.
Reporting to SBN’s Associate Director, the Policy Fellow’s responsibilities include:
- Identify policy priorities and solutions that capture SBN’s policy goals, emphasizing equity, racial, and economic justice, and a triple bottom line framework (people, planet, profit). Priorities will be set in consultation with SBN staff and Board.
- Track and analyze public policy, local and state budgets, research and reports, model ordinances, and other relevant developments to identify opportunities and challenges for SBN to advance our policy priorities
- Assist with developing policy briefs, white papers, testimony, fact sheets, case studies, recommendation reports, and blog posts
- Educate and build momentum on relevant advocacy initiatives among SBN’s diverse business membership, stakeholders, decision-makers, and potential collaborators through activities ranging from small group meetings to public speaking engagements
- Collaborate with colleagues engaged in clean energy, green stormwater infrastructure, local food systems, and regenerative agriculture, and other sector priorities that may emerge
- Assist with creating policy-related programming based on the needs and topics of interest of SBN’s memberships
- Support organizational events, special projects, strategy conversations, and committees
- Assist with the preparation of grant reports and proposals with direction and supervision from the Executive Director
- Maintain a record of advocacy activities
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
- Project Coordinator, Hope Center
- Legislative Affairs Manager (Remote & In-Person), Philadelphia Corporation for Aging
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.