Policy Fellow, Sustainable Business Network
Posted by on August 10, 2009
Fall Policy Fellow for SBN
Title: Policy Fellow, Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN)
Job Objective: Support the Sustainable Business Network and the Green Economy Task Force Policy Committee’s public efforts through research on current and pending legislation, as well as formulating proactive recommendations for future legislation. This position is a fall position designed for a graduate student. The ideal candidate will be able to work full-time from early September through November with the option to continue part-time into the spring semester. A modest stipend will be provided.
Reports to: Kate Houstoun, Green Jobs Coordinator
* Policy Research: Track local, state and federal legislation related to green collar jobs and the green economy
* Committee Meetings: Attend Green Economy Task Force committee meetings and take minutes
* Writing: Prepare white papers and written reports with recommendations for future legislation
* Special Projects: Fellows may also work on special projects utilizing their specific skill sets or areas of expertise
* Copying and Mailings: Make copies, prepare mass mailings, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Current graduate student studying public policy, planning or economic development;
Working knowledge of legislative process;
Strong, clear written communication and research skills;
Ability to sift through a wide breath of information and produce a clear summary;
Some demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values;
Creative problem solver;
Self-motivated, able to work independently on assigned tasks. SBN has a stimulating and energetic working atmosphere, supportive and creative staff. This position will give the Policy Fellow the opportunity to interact with a growing and diverse community of local business owners and leaders.
How to Apply:
Applications are requested by August 7, 2009. Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications, resume and one writing sample to Kate Houstoun, Green Jobs Coordinator, at Kate@sbnphiladelphia.org. Calls about this position are discouraged.
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.