Planned Giving Associate, American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
Posted by American Friends Service Committee on January 12, 2015
AFSC is a Quaker organization devoted to service, development, and peace programs throughout the world. Our work is based on the belief in the worth of every person, and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice.
Summary of Principal Responsibilities
The Planned Giving Associate will work with the Planned Giving Officer and the Director of Planned Giving to ensure the smooth processing administration and stewardship of planned gifts, including bequests. With oversight from the Planned Giving Director, will oversee the processing of planned gifts within AFSC guidelines, IRS regulations, and state laws. Responsible for ensuring high quality, accurate, and timely gift and bequest administration, including coordinating gift acknowledgement and tracking gifts in the donor database. As needed, takes initiative with problem solving and coordinate information among donors, Planned Giving and Finance Office staff, and the AFSC custodian bank.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of the Planned Giving Associate include the following:
- Bequest Administration: Respond with appropriate correspondence when notice is received that AFSC is the beneficiary of an estate or trust including to donor’s family. Comply with AFSC bequest administration procedures.
- Prospect and Donor Relations. Staff PG inquiry line, replies to prospects directly or by forwarding requests to team members. Complete process for recording inquiries and next steps to be done. Follow current systems and maintain procedures for gift processing, return of agreements, and distribution of documents.
- PG Administration: Conducts estate donor stewardship with donor family members by acknowledging estate gifts, in coordination with donor services unit.
- PG Marketing: Participate in marketing initiatives and donor communications undertaken by the Planned Giving Unit, including handling the production of annual direct mail appeal letters and related social media to planned giving donors. Track responses from planned giving marketing initiatives.
- Donor Stewardship: In coordination with the Directors of Planned Giving, Fundraising Event Coordinator and Associate Director, maintain a Donor Loyalty program to cultivate and steward Friends For the Future and other long term donors through telephone stewardship, events and direct mail.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/training.
- Two years’ experience in development or customer service business required.
- Computer database experience required.
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.