PHLConnectEd: internet Access Available for Pre-K Students
Posted by City of Philadelphia on April 27, 2021
Big news! PHLConnectED will now be available for pre-K student households who live in the City of Philadelphia. Help us spread the word!
Pre-K–12 student households qualify for PHLConnectED if they meet one of the program eligibility requirements listed below:
- Do not have internet access; or
- Have mobile phone internet access only; or
- Are experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity; or
- Have students who participate in remote learning in locations without internet access.
If households already have internet in their homes, they qualify if they:
- Participate in public benefit programs with income qualifications like Medicaid; or
- Have students designated as English Learners; or
- Have students who receive special education services.
To learn more about PHLConnectED, visit phila.gov/phlconnected. Families can get connected for free by dialing 2-1-1. For language services, press 8. The PHLConnectED 211 hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and available in over 150 languages.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- What’s Your Tree Story Photo Challenge – May 15
- Upcoming Communities of Practice – May 20
- Webinar: The Location Advantage: Using Maps to Make Data-Driven Decisions for Your Nonprofit – May 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.