Philadelphia Youth Leadership Council Is Taking Applications
Posted by City of Philadelphia on August 30, 2022
The Philadelphia Youth Leadership Council, a leadership development program focused on teens in ages 12 through 17, will be taking candidates for their Fall 2022 session. Our next orientations will be virtual. So interested parents and candidates can just call 215-605-1832 or email PYLC21@PHILA.GOV.
The Philadelphia Youth Leadership Council is an youth led, adult backed leadership development program for youth both male and female in grades 7 through 12, who are currently enrolled in educational institution in the City of Philadelphia. The program centers on personal asset identification, self-esteem building, personal presentations, relationship building, project management and career advancement with a focus on leadership, civic engagement and community service.
Program objectives include:
- To develop students into socially responsible leaders through direct experiences, goal setting, mentorship, and exposure to service and the community.
- To increase student awareness and access to tools, resources, and networks that will empower them to ensure their safety and to create social change in their communities.
- To empower students to inspire their peers to lead and serve their families and communities.
For registration information email: PYLC21@PHILA.GOV or call Ms Terri Way-Thornton, 215-605-1832.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Youth Development Workforce Survey
- Philadelphia Cable Television Survey
- National Black Lives Matter at School Virtual Week of Action – Feb 6-10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.