Philadelphia College Access Forum
Posted by on July 21, 2008
The PA Department of Education will be embarking on a state-wide college access agenda. You are invited to be part of setting that agenda. College access practitioners and other youth-service provider from across PA will converge on the beautiful campus of Rosemont College on August 11th and 12th to help set the agenda, discuss, share and network. The Forum (formerly the conference) will be hosted by the Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable.
You are cordially invited to attend and take part in this interactive program. There are 4 ways to take an active part:
1) Be an attendee with a voice in helping to set the college access agenda.
2) Be an exhibitor if you represent a college/university or service entity (that has a cost for services – we are asking a $100 donation for a 2-day set up).
3) Be a presenter sharing your expertise in any area of the K-16 continuum. (Session slots are limited. The Forum planning committee reserves the right to the selection of sessions.)
4) Be any combination of the 3 above.
To read more and about the Forum and register go to http://www.collegepreproundtable.org. If you have any questions contact either Candace Powell-Kinard, College Access Program (tele — 215-739-9360, email — firstname.lastname@example.org), Karen Campbell, White-Williams Scholars (tele — 215-735-4480 x205, email — email@example.com) or Thom Butler, CORE Philly Scholarship Program (tele — 215-246-3513, email — firstname.lastname@example.org).
There is no cost to attend the Forum. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. If an institution and/or you are interested in sponsoring please contact Thom Butler.
Please feel free to forward this announcement on to others.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.