Philadelphia Charter Schools – Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Let’s Discuss Charter Schools! Please SHARE with your networks.
The Mayor’s Office of Black Male Engagement and the Center for Male Engagement (CCP) presents the 20th – My Brother’s Keeper Community Conversation:
Topic: Education: Philadelphia Charter Schools – Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!
The Office of Black Male Engagement and Professionals in the Education field invite you to speak out, listen to empowering messages, exchange resources, and share valuable lessons/ practices.
Date: Thursday , September 20th
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Location: Community College of Philadelphia (Room TBD).
Highlighted Education Resource: Mayor’s Office of Education (MOE)
– Moderator – City of Philadelphia Representative (Mayor’s Office of Black Male Engagement)
– Panelist – Dr. Ayesha Imani – Chief Executive Officer – Sankofa Freedom Academy Charter School & Imhotep Charter High School
– Panelist – Veronica J. Joyner, M.Ed. – Founder & Chief Administrative Officer – The Mathematics, Civics and Sciences Charter School
– Panelist – Dr. Naomi Johnson-Booker, Chief Executive Officer, Global Leadership Academy (West)
– Panelist – Mr. Sharif El-Mekki, Principal, Mastery Charter School (Shoemaker Campus)
Goal: 1) Encourage community dialogue 2) Provide pathways to community action 3) Create a report that may be used to accompany policy recommendations
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Funding Digital Equity Work – Jun 28
- 14th annual (virtual) Beer Summit Conversation on Race, Class & Power – Jul 13
- Mentoring Moments Virtual Training – Jul 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.