Philadelphia Area Grant Monitors Needed
Posted by Allegheny Intermediate Unit on August 13, 2019
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit, a regional education service agency, seeks to engage one or more individuals, via an independent service agreement, to conduct monitoring visits of afterschool programs in the greater Philadelphia region during the coming school year. Candidates must have experience related to education administration, afterschool programs, and federal/state grant management/compliance/monitoring. Experience with 21st Century Community Learning Centers programs preferred, but not necessary. Monitors are responsible for conducting a one-day, on-site monitoring/program visit for identified grantees, including related preparation activities and completion of a monitoring report using a provided template. Monitoring visits include reviewing grant and budget documentation, observing programs, and interviewing program staff and administrators, students, parents, and community partner representatives at the monitoring location(s). Visits are typically scheduled 10AM-5PM, Monday through Thursday. Monitors are compensated at a rate of $350 per grantee monitored plus certain travel expenses. Approximately 8-15 visits in this region are currently anticipated between October 2019 and May 2020.
Successful candidates must also:
- Have current education-related clearances and background checks and trainings (state police, child abuse history, FBI, mandated reporter training)
- Have transportation to/from up to two locations on the monitoring day
- Participate in a half-day virtual training (compensated at $150.00)
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Word, email, and Internet connection for report completion and communication with the AIU and assigned grantees
Applicants should sent their resume and cover message to Leslie McConnell, Allegheny Intermediate Unit via email: Leslie.McConnell@aiu3.net. Selected applicants must be able to participate in a virtual interview before the contract process can begin.
- Program Coordinator, Intergenerational Center
- Family & Friends Program Coordinator, Temple Univ.
- Workforce Employment Specialist, College of Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.