PHENND Seeks VISTAs for Nonprofit Fellows program (new listings)
Posted by PHENND on February 28, 2023
Join a cohort that works to strengthen communities and alleviate poverty by building capacity at local Philadelphia nonprofits. Be one of 18 full-time AmeriCorps VISTAs serving in various nonprofits across the region as “PHENND Fellows.”
About this project:
PHENND Fellows places passionate and talented college graduates with local Philadelphia nonprofits as AmeriCorps VISTA members. The program has a three-fold mission (1) Support local nonprofits fighting poverty across a wide range of issues (2) Train and retain local talent to stay and work in Philadelphia and (3) Develop the next generation of nonprofit leaders.
PHENND Fellows will have up to 18 specific sites for the 2023-2024 program year. Each of those positions will be listed separately on MyAmeriCorps and if you have a specific interest in one or more of them, please apply for them directly. You will find all of them once you search the listings using PHENND as the program name.
Benefits & Compensation
AmeriCorps VISTAs commit to a full-time year of service for a minimal living stipend of approximately $17,600 per year. VISTA members are provided health coverage and loan forbearance for any current federal student loans. Upon completion of the full year, they also receive an AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,895 that can be used to pay for future educational expenses and/or pay off federal student loans. SEPTA Transpass provided. Note, we expect most sites to return to in-person service, though there may be some that are virtual and/or hybrid.
All PHENND Fellows will also receive extensive professional development as a cohort, in addition to any site specific training. PHENND Fellows participate in monthly diversity/equity training, “Dinners with a Civic Leader,” and other training/professional development. PHENND Fellows are also allowed to take up to two courses at the La Salle Nonprofit Center (or other similar conferences/training) paid for by the program. PHENND Fellows will also be provided with a monthly transpass or have local travel (non-commuting) reimbursed. Members also have access to member emergency fund through the City of Philadelphia.
Post-service benefits include: (1) Schools of National Service tuition discounts at select colleges (2) Employers of National Service and (3) AmeriCorps Alumni Network
- February 28-May 15 — Application open. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis. Expect a phone interview if your application passes an initial review.
- March 31-May 31 — Top candidates interviewed by one or more host site organization. Offers made.
- June 15 — Deadline to accept PHENND Fellow offer
- August 1, 2023 — Program start date
- July 30, 2024 – Program end date
If you have any questions, please contact Eden Kainer at email@example.com or Jasmine Johnson, recruitmentVL@phennd.org.
Links to postings for specific sites/positions below.
- PHENND Fellows – Data Justice Fellow (AVP)
- PHENND Fellows – Big Futures Project Coordinator (Big Brother, Big Sister)
- PHENND Fellows – Artist Sustainability Program Coordinator (CFEVA)
- PHENND Fellows – Community Development VISTA (Friends of the Rail Park)
- PHENND Fellows – Heights Philadelphia Development Associate (Heights Philadelphia)
- PHENND Fellows – Katie’s Cupboard Community Program Developer (Katie’s Cupboard – Tabor)
- PHENND Fellows – Youth Engagement Program Coordinator (Mitzvah Circle)
- PHENND Fellows – Community Development Specialist (PACDC)
- PHENND Fellows – Campus Farm and Food Access Specialist (Penn Food and Wellness)
- PHENND Fellows – Petey Greene Program Volunteer Coordinator (Petey Greene)
- PHENND Fellows – School Leaders Communications Coordinator (Phila Academy of School Leaders)
- PHENND Fellows – Philadelphia Ed Fund Persistence Fellow (Philadelphia Education Fund)
- PHENND Fellows – Phila Zoo Neighborhood Conservation Coord (Philadelphia Zoo)
- PHENND Fellows – PA School Civics Education Program Coordinator. (PMC)
- PHENND Fellows – PA Legal Education Program Coordinator (PMC)
- PHENND Fellows – Partnership Coordinator (SDP Office of Strategic Partnerships)
- PHENND Fellows – YESPhilly Career Opportunities Developer (YESPhilly)
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Apply for the Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships – Apr 21
- Webinar: Nurturing Transfer Aspirations through a Digital Storytelling Collaboration – Mar 30
- AmeriCorps College and Career Coaches, Promise Corps
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.