Pennsylvania State of the Child County Reports
Posted by Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children on November 3, 2014
State of the Child by County
Do you know how your county compares to Pennsylvania counties when it comes to child poverty, health insurance coverage, educational opportunities and other important measures of children’s well-being?
To help you get answers, Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children has created county-based “State of the Child” profiles. These profiles provide a snapshot of each county’s data, alongside statewide data and information on counties with similar demographic profiles. For each county, you can find:
- Child population and poverty statistics
- Information on how many children are uninsured, and how many benefit from coverage through Medicaid or Pennsylvania’s Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Data on how many children benefit from subsidized child care and publicly funded pre-kindergarten programs
- The number of children in foster care or receiving other child welfare services
- Academic performance data for school districts, charter schools and cyber charter schools
We also have put together a statewide profile to supplement the county-based profiles.
More in "New Resources"
- Community Advocacy Toolkit: Building Culturally Affirming Schools
- New Report: Trans Youth Resilience Fund
- How Is That Legal?: Breaking Down Systemic Racism One Law at a Time
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.