Pennsylvania Program Manager, Benefits Data Trust
Posted by Benefits Data Trust on January 2, 2017
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful implementation and expansion of Pennsylvania programs designed to transform the benefits access landscape through comprehensive, person-centered service delivery and necessary systems changes. A primary component of the role is to cultivate and maintain relationships with key government, non-profit, and private sector partners to secure stakeholder investment, ensure program viability, and identify opportunities for continual improvement. Specifically, the Program Manager will oversee critical and high-profile programs and relationships in Pennsylvania, including the organization’s statewide senior outreach campaigns with the PA Department of Aging and PA Department of Human Services, as well as local projects like Benephilly that serves Philadelphia residents of all ages in collaboration with the City of Philadelphia and other key system partners (e.g. hospitals, etc.).
The Program Manager is accountable for ensuring that the team meets its contractual obligations, including deliverables, as well as for executing on organizational and departmental goals. In addition, the Program Manager will supervise and train one or more Program Coordinators in carrying out their supporting functions. The Program Manager will keep the Director of Programs and other internal stakeholders informed of program statuses and process developments.
Supervisor: The Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs.
· Ensure a smooth hand-off as new programs become ready for implementation and provide status updates to internal teams regarding program launch progress;
· Oversee the management of initial program launch timeline carried out by Program Coordinator, and ensure that each milestone is met, in coordination with Contact Center, Data Science, Policy and IT teams.
· Support program funding by identifying potential funding gaps within assigned geographies, engage with foundations as requested, and provide programmatic detail for grant proposals, ongoing requests and reporting.
· Support new business development and build program strength through the identification and cultivation of new cross-sector partnership opportunities and outreach potential, within the confines of the organization’s mission and goals.
· Work with government and community partners to identify opportunities for systems change that align with the organization’s system change agenda, and engage Policy team to develop an action plan for specific systems change goals.
· Facilitate the execution of program contracts with the Finance team, including the development of the statement of work, deliverables, budgets and when necessary, data sharing agreements.
· Oversee the coordination of outreach plans, reporting, and evaluation for all assigned state programs.
· Establish a state presence through the development of community relationships with key non-profit, private sector, and local government partners and participate in ongoing working groups and local conferences. This will require occasional statewide travel.
· Gain a deep understanding of the state political landscape, including upcoming changes in leadership and strength of cross-agency relationships, initiatives related to health and human services that may impact the program, and current events.
· Oversee all external communication with key partners including the dissemination of ongoing program status reports, program maintenance, and involvement from internal teams as it relates to program design, policy, and outreach planning.
· Oversee all internal communication facilitated by the Program Coordinators related to program updates, such as available community resources, upcoming Program changes, and current events.
· Supervise Program Coordinators, including providing training, support, professional development opportunities, and setting clear expectations.
· Participate in assigned cross-functional team meetings to ensure effective and ongoing communication and implement solutions to continually improve communication across teams to ensure efficient and effective service and programmatic excellence. The Manager is required to utilize internal communication tools to ensure internal team members have access to up to date contact and program information.
· Engage in annual organizational and departmental goal-setting, and conduct ongoing assessment of goal progress.
· A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in related field (i.e. public administration, public policy, business, political science) is a plus;
· 3-5 years of relevant experience;
· Public benefit knowledge a plus;
· Understanding of the Pennsylvania non-profit landscape;
· Experience cultivating and managing partnerships and contracts with community & advocacy organizations and/or government entities;
· Superior oral communication skills, with the ability to both build internal teams and network effectively externally
· Exceptional written skills, with the ability to draft and edit a wide variety of materials, including but not limited to social media posts to program reports
· Ability to translate complex content for diverse audiences
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Jul 18
- Annual Fund Officer, Pendle Hill – Jul 20
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.