PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Posted by The Bridge Way School on August 30, 2022
The Bridge Way School seeks a part-time Physical Education and Health/Life Skills teacher for the 2022-23 academic year.
The successful candidate will…
- have prior experience as a physical education/health teacher with capacity to supervise group work and activities
- be comfortable with themselves and lead by example
- possess outstanding planning and problem-solving skills
- be supportive, flexible and solution-oriented
- recognize students as individuals, celebrate diversity, and support our school culture of equity and inclusion
- have a good sense of humor and willingness meet students where they are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PA state certification in subject area preferred
- Minimum of one year teaching experience
- Able to receive and implement feedback
- Current FBI and state of PA background clearances are required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety students, staff, families, etc.
- Promote health and fitness in class and beyond
- Create and facilitate lesson plans for physical activities, health and wellness
- Coordinate supplemental programs with community providers
- Encourage and motivate students to participate
- Meet students where they are physically and emotionally
Dual certification in another discipline and experience with recovery from substance use disorder/addiction a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Angela Smith, Head of School, at email@example.com.
- High School and Post-Secondary Lead Instructor
- Compliance Manager, Belmont Charter Network
- OST ASSISTANT, Belmont Academy Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.