PD For K-6 Teachers: Virtual Passport Days – Aug 11
Posted by Penn Museum on July 20, 2021
Increase your content knowledge and explore new ways to teach students about the ancient world through professional development at the Penn Museum. All professional development opportunities offer Act 48 credits to participating teachers.
Are you thinking about ways to plan fun virtual adventures for your learners this year? Let the Penn Museum do the planning with our 2021–2022 Virtual Passport Days! Each Virtual Passport theme day includes two 45-minute live virtual sessions, access to a digital classroom with resources to extend learning, and a stamped Virtual Passport worksheet to track your travels throughout the year.
Participants will be asked to step into the role of traveling learner while we
- Walk through the virtual event structure that learners will experience(two live virtual sessions)
- Explore and discuss how to use the curated resources in our digital classroom
- Review the program materials, student take-aways, and connection logistics
- Learn more about ancient and world cultures through live interactive workshops and hands-on making activities.
Date and Time: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 1:00–3:00 PM
Location: Virtual Event
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- The GroupChat: 2022 GOTV Season – Oct 6
- Building Youth Power in Mentoring Programs, Training and Community Dialogue – Oct 26
- Trauma-Informed Mentoring Free Virtual Training – Oct 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.