Partnership Coordinator, Strategic Partnerships, School District of Philadelphia
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on July 16, 2018
Works to leverage opportunities with the United Way, including supporting corporate volunteer teams and special projects in alignment with school needs and goals. Promotes the ongoing work of the Office of Strategic Partnerships by helping to align volunteer projects and partnerships with the anchor goals outlined in Action Plan 3.0, and serves as a key point of contact for external organizations and individuals offering in-kind gifts, small grants, donations, services, and programs to the School District of Philadelphia. Works with the Office of Strategic Partnerships team as well as other key offices, and assists the District with the tactical deployment of volunteer and partner resources to areas of greatest need and oversees their development over time.
Strategic Partnerships Specialty
- Works collaboratively with Office of Strategic Partnership team to ensure that corporate resources are matched with schools in keeping with articulated school and student needs; ensures that resource distribution meets the overall goal of equity and resources include days of service, programs, services, in-kind gifts, and small cash donations.
- Generates appropriate volunteer opportunities for the corporate community based on school and District needs and priorities.
- Matches partners and volunteer opportunities to schools based on shared mission, common goals and mutual benefits.
- Maintains a cumulative and current database reflecting partner match data.
- Drafts routine and ad hoc reports; makes recommendations to the Executive Director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships, the United Way, and relevant external stakeholder groups regarding volunteer placement and partnership matching.
- Collaborates with internal District departments such as Facilities, Environmental Services, Grants, Risk Management, General Counsel and Accounts Payable by establishing positive working relationships, in order to ensure partner investment is in keeping with District needs, policies, and procedures.
- Strengthens alignment with key department initiatives in various offices such as the Office of Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Education, and the Office of Family and Community Engagement to ensure outside resources support District initiatives, priorities, and needs.
- Supports the delivery of training to school leaders and partner staff on effective school based partnership coordination; ensures successful completion prior to beginning a new partnership.
- Manages projects through there completion and ensures that corporate engagement staff and volunteers receive thanks and appreciation.
Strategic Partnerships Specialty
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of full-time, paid, professional experience in an education or community based agency and/or school setting, which has involved working with schools or community based provider organizations, especially out of school time (OST) as an approach to youth development and success.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of full-time, paid, professional experience in an education or community based agency and/or school setting, which has involved working with schools or community based provider organizations, especially out of school time (OST) as an approach to youth development and success.
- All work experience related to the position must be included on the resume.
Read more and apply: https://ats4.searchsoft.net/ats/job_board_form?op=view&JOB_ID=4600161050&REPRESENTATIVE_COMPANY_ID=00002581&COMPANY_ID=00002581&_ga=2.49873186.548038388.1531236892-1107645039.1530040122
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.