Part-Time Social Service Coordinator, Better Tomorrows
Posted by Better Tomorrows on June 2, 2014
This position is for a privately owned affordable housing development for families. The position includes planning and implementing programs for the residents of the community, assisting residents with entitlement programs, limited case management, referrals to social services agencies and the publication of a monthly newsletter. Provision of comprehensive services which includes: the organization of appropriate social programs; referrals to service providers who address specific needs and enrichment programs to enhance the development of the residents. The job requires three days in Philadelphia and two days in Camden each week.
The applicant should have an understanding of the area social services agencies and must network with these agencies. This position requires a very energetic, self motivated, creative individual. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
1. To coordinate activities and services that will prevent and reduce vandalism, crime and illegal drug activity within the complex and surrounding community.
2. To facilitate resident involvement and concern which enhances a safe and positive living environment.
3. To facilitate an environment which promotes cultural and ethnic pride.
4. To facilitate services that will positively enhance the quality of life for residents.
1. Facilitate programs, activities and social services for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies.
2. Facilitate educational programs for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies- including planning and teaching curriculum. 3. Develop and maintain referral resource files focusing on:
- Academic Excellence for Children
- Drug Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Parenting Skills
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention and Family Planning
- Psychological Counseling
- Child Care
- Emergency Financial Assistance Agencies
- Ethnic/Cultural Programs
- Long Range Life Planning and Goal Setting
- Housekeeping Techniques
- Health Care/Wellness
4. Utilize resource files for making referrals for residents in need of specific services. To provide follow-up when referrals are made.
5. Assist residents and community leaders in developing a resident organization to address social problems and provide motivation for positive social change.
6. Organize and edit a resident newsletter.
7. Provide technical assistance to resident associations and groups.
8. Monitor the overall operations of the computer center if present on site.
9. Facilitate grants, donations and partnerships.
10. Maintaining an ongoing housekeeping program.
11. Oversee volunteer staff.
12. Help with fundraising for the site.
13. All other responsibilities deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.