Part-time Program Manager, Need In Deed
Posted by Need In Deed on June 18, 2018
Position: Part-time Program Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Overall responsibility: Part-time Program Manager will work with the program team to support Experienced Network Members (ENMs) in the ongoing implementation of Need in Deed’s My Voice framework. With Program Director, will develop further opportunities for professional development and leadership opportunities for ENMs.
Specific areas of responsibility:
• Support Experienced Network Members in service-learning theory and practice through one-on-one classroom visits and network gatherings, newsletters and e-mail communications.
• Research community resources to support classroom projects as needed
• Develop relationships with potential community partners, and help those partners work successfully in grades 3rd-8th grade classrooms
• Maintain accurate and timely records on project activities for assigned teachers
• Cultivate Experienced Network Members as facilitators and representatives of the Teacher Network
• Make recommendations for the future direction of the Teacher Network with an eye toward strengthening support for Experienced Network Members
• Stay current with education literature and trends
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s desirable
• Desirable background experience could include: youth program development, human services, non-profit, community networks, professional learning communities
• Facility working with K-12 teachers, preferably in an urban setting
• Driver’s License required; reliable access to a car necessary
Competencies and skills
• Ability to thrive when facing flexible and changing priorities
• Desire to work in a small, committed, closely-knit environment
• Sense of humor; ability to handle roadblocks and challenges with grace
• Excellent interpersonal skills: able to interact in person, over phone and by email with NID constituents, including teachers, community partners, and administrators
• Strong written communications skills: able to compose clear and concise letters, emails, documents and reports
• Team-oriented: values group processes, comfortable with group problem solving
• Pro-active: able to anticipate tasks/needs and plan accordingly, and
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills: able to conduct trainings, promote the organization and its capabilities, and communicate essential information in timely matter to teachers, NID staff, and NID partners
• Demonstrated strategic thinking skills; experience with data-driven decision making
• Computer literacy: familiarity with Macs, MS Office Suite, and Google tools.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Pam Prell, Program Director at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
- Accounting Associate (Remote), Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.