Part-Time Marketing & Communications Director, Educators 4 Education
Posted by Educators 4 Education on January 26, 2015
Educators 4 Education (E4E) is seeking a part-time Marketing/Communications Director. The Marketing/Communications Director will report to the President/CEO and will be responsible for
overseeing and implementing all communications and marketing initiatives for E4E. The Marketing/Communications Director will lead the effort to effectively share E4E promotional materials, as
well as specific campaigns and initiatives. The Marketing/Communications Director will advance the company’s goals through strategic marketing and public relations initiatives including: media relations,
brand management, print and electronic communications and creative campaign execution.
- Develop, gather, proofread, edit and organize a wide range of written content to ensure it sustains the established brand, voice/tone and editorial standards of E4E. Manage all social media pages (i.e Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, blogs and Instagram). Help gather content from staff and stakeholders to coordinate projects. Provide customer support to academic units, administrative offices, faculty, staff and students; and accommodate incoming requests for content updates and site improvements.
- Serve as a resource to faculty, staff and students with regard to developing and contributing content for E4E websites.
- Help provide ongoing assessment of the website’s user experience.
- Produce and maintain webpages and websites by arranging various content via the website’s content management system.
- Help produce email newsletters, blogs, documentations, formatted documents and other digital assets.
- Collaborate with internal teams (graphic designers, writers, editors, photographers, web developers and vendors) to help plan various web projects and campaigns.
- Contribute to the analysis of site statistics and keep abreast of user behaviors and traffic trends.
- Hire, train, supervise and mentor student interns/employees to assist in the operation of websites and webpages.
- Key understanding of media relations, with experience serving as a spokesperson.
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing or related field, or an equivalent combination of work and education background. Masters preferred. Minimum three years of
work experience in writing, proofreading and managing online content. Good understanding of web writing best practices; demonstrated knowledge of search engine visibility. Experience working on webpages and
basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, InDesign and social media management. Proficient use of programs such as Word, Excel and Google Drive; comfort in mining for trends in Google Analytics.
Regularly contributes to blogs such as Medium and Tumblr. Experience working for an educational institution. Experience working as part of a communications and/or marketing team is favored.
If interested in the above position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to: [email protected]
No Phone Calls Please.
Educators 4 Education is an equal opportunity employer.
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.