Part Time Group Facilitators, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Posted by Congreso de Latinos Unidos on October 9, 2017
Part Time Group Facilitators are responsible for working with their supervisors to develop and implement lesson plans for elementary, middle or high school aged youth. Lesson plans will concentrate on language arts, math, science, political science, health, arts, recreation, and life skills. Group Facilitators are responsible for facilitating classes, and helping program participants with homework.
- Facilitates daily activities in 3-hour afterschool program for up to 15 K-12th students.
- Writes lesson plans and provides instruction in three focus areas: 1) creative and performing arts (i.e., dance, theater, fashion, visual arts, arts and crafts); 2)STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and/or 3)
- Athletics and Health (recreation activities, basketball, soccer, cooking clubs, garden clubs)
- Provides time for students to complete homework, providing direct help as needed.
- Supervises snack time.
- Manages classroom to encourage positive interaction among students, resolves conflicts non-violently.
- Monitors student behavior and recommends any necessary disciplinary action to the Site Coordinator.
- Tracks student progress using Congreso’s data system as appropriate.
- Attends all required training and professional development.
- Attends new staff orientation and ongoing staff meetings.
- Follows all Congreso Program policies and procedures
- Maintains and inventories supplies and equipment. Requests supplies and equipment in timely manner.
- Ensures that classrooms and other school spaces are left in good condition each day and reports any loss or damage to the Site Coordinator.
- Records and reports any incidents that occur.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attend relevant workshops or join professional groups as necessary to maintain professional knowledge and licensure.
- Adheres to the Congreso’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Facilitates and attends relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- College and Trade School Fair – Oct 21
- Women in Science: Opportunities Conference – Oct 6
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month Events 2023
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.