Part Time College Coordinator, Mastery Charter Schools
Posted by Mastery Charter Schools on July 14, 2014
Mastery Charter Schools seeks a part time College Coordinator who can teach a Junior College Prep curriculum and support the College Initiatives Team in meeting College Initiative Team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, lead and teach Junior College Prep Curriculum
• Support the College Advisor to meet all college initiatives team goals by assisting with college applications, application office hours, FAFSA completion, family meetings, college rep visits and college trips
• Promote college culture related initiatives throughout the school year by helping to develop signage throughout the building, meet with families, attend whole school events and push into Mastery Classes, SEL Classes and Community Meetings
• Manage the 9th and 11th grade college initiatives program that includes assisting with all college related orientation materials and orientation classes especially those related to 9th and 11th grade students, providing the 9th and 11th grade team with College Continuum goals for the year, managing the transcript review process with all 9th and 11th grade students, one on ones with each 11th grade student to provide guidance in both college and career planning, and participating in Parent-Teacher Conferences
• Plan and coordinate all college admission testing and prep including PSAT, SAT, Aspire, ACT and Mock ACT
• Manage the Ellis Trust program for girls in all grades
• Manage the Summer Opportunities program and goals for all grades
• Manage the dual enrollment application process for all programs and grades
• Meet with all interested families regarding the Mastery @ CCP program
• Track community service for all 9th and 11th grade students
• Assist College Team with graduation planning, college fair planning and College Signing Day preparation
• Attend Grade Level Mtngs. as necessary
• Participate in all College Initiative Team Professional Development
• Familiarity with aspects of college counseling and college retention programs including financial aid, transfer processes, matriculation challenges and other barriers faced by low-income, first-generation college students;
• Exceptional organization skills – a detail-oriented approach to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure;
• Strong proficiency with database systems – start-up and ongoing support/maintenance
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports as well as analyze data in order to make improvement recommendations
• Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills both orally and in writing with ability to effectively connect with broad range of constituents including alumni, their families, secondary and post-secondary school staff/leaders
• Comfort and demonstrated ability to successfully facilitate and engage various size groups;
• Track-record of high achievement (premium placed on experience in urban communities and schools);
• Personal drive and commitment to serve urban youth
• Deep belief in one’s own ability to significantly increase college going, persistence and graduation rates for Mastery alums
• Ability to effectively work alone and with a high-performing, mission-driven staff;
• Consistently evaluates progress, using data to drive changes in alumni support program;
• Demonstrated resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities while meeting aggressive goals despite limited resources
• Ability to be a self-starter and creative problem solver while also being a quick learner who is willing to ask questions and seek feedback.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree required. Work with urban youth in educational settings in related college access and college retention fields.
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as maneuvering in classrooms and office space-reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls; Must be able to sit for up to two (2) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.