Part-Time After School Group Leader & Driver
Posted by Zhang Sah on August 13, 2019
Zhang Sah is hiring two After-School Teachers at our Learning Centers. This is an hourly position with benefits.
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Mon-Fri: 2:00pm – 6:00pm (After School) and some Saturdays 10am-1pm
You are a Part-Time After-School Group Leader with a minimum of 3yrs driving experience who loves working with children and have an abundance of energy! You are personable & welcoming, you are a team-player, and most of all, you make learning fun! Your communication skills rock! You support the program by walking or driving, using Zhang Sah’s van, students from their school to our learning center, making sure they get ready in time for martial arts class, serving nutritious snacks, helping them with their homework, facilitating activities and regular youth council meetings.
You will work cooperatively with the rest of our team to provide a fun, welcoming environment in which our students can learn and grow. This is a school year part-time position with an opportunity for (seasonal) 2-month full-time position (summer camp).
- Supervise students at all times
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program and lesson plans
- Assist Kindergarten Enrichment/Assistant Teacher in other ways as requested
- Maintain a professional attitude
- Provide communication to parents through newsletters, emails and face-to-face interaction
- Help maintain a neat and organized classroom
- Perform light duty cleaning & housekeeping
- Some Work outdoors
- Enrolled in college working towards an Associates or Bachelors Degree (completed or in-progress) and a minimum of 2 years experience working with children
- High energy, a passion for teaching
- Minimum of 3yrs driving experience with no accidents or violations
- Lift up to 40 pounds and climb up stairs
Other Candidate Preferences:
- Majors: Education, Early Childhood Education, Humanities
- Work Study
- Foreign language experience (Spanish, Chinese) is a plus!
- Special skills or interests (dance, gymnastics, music, sports, art, tech)
To apply click here.
- Program Coordinator, Intergenerational Center
- Family & Friends Program Coordinator, Temple Univ.
- Workforce Employment Specialist, College of Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.