Part-Time Accountant/Bookkeeper, Vetri Foundation
Posted by Vetri Foundation for Children on September 8, 2014
The Vetri Foundation for Children seeks a part-time accountant to help run the day-to-day financial and bookkeeping operations of our growing nonprofit organization. You will work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will be expected to get jobs done quickly and precisely. Tasks include managing the company’s QuickBooks file, preparing financial reports, & being the main point of contact with our outside financial professionals. We value people who are able to work intelligently and independently, but can be an integral part of our small team with lots of great work to do. See more about the work that we do in this short video.
The position is part time, 12-15 hours per week, with increased hours in early March and in May through July. Hours are flexible. Our offices are located in Philadelphia’s Navy Yard at 1113 Admiral Peary Way, Quarters N. Philadelphia PA 19113.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
As bookkeeper, you will perform accounts payable and accounts receivable data entry as well as complete general ledger journal entries. Other major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic bookkeeping;
- Maintaining company’s Quick Books file;
- Preparing monthly & quarterly financial reports;
- Main point of contact with our outside Controller;
- Bank liaison;
- Maintaining accurate and thorough physical files to ensure audit compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly detail oriented
- A positive, “Can do” attitude
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Bookkeeping experience
Required Experience and Education
3 years bookkeeping/accounting experience (or comparable experience) required. College degree preferred.
Salary range is $15-$20 / hour depending on experience.
- Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
- Homeowner Services Intake Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 11
- Individual Giving Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.