Parents as Teachers
Posted by Carson Valley Children's Aid on October 10, 2016
Parents as Teachers is a free home visiting program which serves all pregnant families and families who have children from 0 to kindergarten age which is usually five years old. The program is completely free and does not have any income limitations, the program has two requirements families must have their children and live in Montgomery county. We accept all parents as any age. We also have Spanish speaking programs.
Parents are supported by PAT-certified parent educators trained to translate scientific information on early brain development into specific when, what, how and why advice for families. By understanding what to expect during each stage of development, parents can easily capture the teachable moments in everyday life to enhance their child’s language development, intellectual growth, social development and motor skills.
PAT families receive:
- Personal visits — during which your parent educator will share age-appropriate child development and parenting information, help you learn to observe your child, and address your parenting concerns.
- Parent group meetings — which are opportunities to share information about parenting issues and child development. Parents learn and support each other, observe their children with other children and practice parenting skills.
- Screenings — to assess your child’s overall development as well as health, hearing and vision.
- Resource network — that links your family to other community services.
Parents as Teachers is designed to foster strong, loving relationships between parents and their children. You and your baby deserve the support Parents as Teachers offers.
If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact Norristown family center at 610 279-2755 ext. 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carson Valley Children’s Aid’s Norristown Family Center Parents as Teachers program provides information, support and encouragement that parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life. The Strengthening Young Families Program is a FREE home visiting service for pregnant and/or young parents (ages 13-24 years). Home visits offer fun activities, information on child development and resources for young parents.
If you know a pregnant and/or young parent who would benefit from our program or would like more information please contact the Norristown family center at 610 279-2755 ext. 300.
More in "New Resources"
- New PPL Policy Brief: Safe Injection Sites as a Public Health Response to the Opioid Crisis: Research Evidence and Policy Recommendations
- SSIR Webinar Series for Nonprofits and Other Stakeholders in the Social Sector.
- 1619 Unit Plan: African American Cultural Achievements and Identity
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.