Para-Professional, Mastery Charter Schools
Posted by on August 11, 2008
Mastery Charter Schools is seeking a part-time paraprofessional to assist students in implementing the portions of an Individualized Education Plan (IEP.)
• Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material skills initially introduced by the teacher.
• Administers, completes, and records such rubrics as the teacher recommends for individual students life skills needs.
• Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
• Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
• Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
• Guides independent study, enrichment work and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
• Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, between classes in and outside of the school building.
• Performs clerical duties assigned by the principal or other staff members.
• Gathers and organizes pertinent data, as needed, and puts it in usable form, such as rubrics.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Paraprofessional license as required by the Professional Standards Commission.
• Associate Degree, or at least 2 years of study (minimum 60 completed credit hours) at an institution of higher education OR passed the paraprofessional assessment administered by the Educational Testing Service.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and professional staff
• Ability to complete tasks on time with attention to detail
• Maintains high expectations for self, students and other co-workers
• $15.00-18.00/hr commensurate upon experience.
LOCATION: Mastery Charter School Thomas Campus
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com if interested.
- Clinical Lab Assistant at CHOP, Training & Job Opportunity – Dec 14
- Bilingual Collective Impact Coordinator, Ceiba
- Lindy Scholars Program Manager, Drexel University – Dec 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.