Paid Digital Experiences for High School Students
Posted by City of Philadelphia Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity on December 8, 2020
In partnership with Philadelphia Youth Network’s Work Ready program we are able to offer a paid, virtual career exposure program to 75 young people and will be launching an application for a more intensive hybrid experience that will culminate in an internship soon!
This is a PAID Virtual 6-8-week Experience for youth ages 14-24 during the spring in partnership with Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) Work Ready. The 6-8-week experience will focus on career/entrepreneurship skill building and relevant project-based learning activities. We have available positions for 75 youth with this great opportunity who specifically reside in Northwest and Southwest Philadelphia zip codes. Please share the attached Flyer with families, partners or young people that may be interested. Our flyer includes a QR code for the application/enrollment information or click here and then on create an application and enter the referral code “SY009”.
Helpful next steps:
- Once you open the application, choose “Create an Application.” It will ask you for a referral code, which is SY009
- Once you complete the initial intake, you will receive a few follow up emails from City of Philadelphia staff as well as Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) to assist with completing your enrollment for the spring
Important Documents and Requirement Needed for Enrollment:
- Social Security Card
- School ID or State ID
- Birth Certificate
- US Passport
Must Reside in the following zip codes:
- Southwest Philadelphia: 19142, 19143 and 19153
- Northwest Philadelphia: 19118, 19119, 19127, 19128, 19129, 19138 and 19144
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Prison Monitoring Regional Organizer/Manager, PA Prison Society
- Hiring Event-Job Fair, The Behavioral Wellness Center – Mar 22
- Workforce Development Job Coach (Part-Time), Educators 4 Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.