Paid College Internship – College Access Site Director, Chester, PA
Posted by Let's Get Ready on December 11, 2018
As a College Access Site Director, you will recruit and manage volunteer college students who provide SAT preparation and college admissions guidance to high school students. This is a 15-hour per week commitment. College Access Site Directors gain hands-on management experience while helping high school students achieve their college goals.
15 hours/week. Site Directors are required to attend every class session (approximately 8 hours/week), and additional hours can be worked remotely on a flexible schedule. Additionally, Site Directors are required to proctor 1-2 practice SAT exam(s) and chaperone at least 1 college trip. Some Saturdays may be required.
- Ensure a meaningful and productive program for students
- Work with the Program Manager and Site Partner to manage all on-site logistics
- Create and run group activities to ensure student engagement and participation
- Foster strong relationships between students and coaches
- Attend all Let’s Get Ready events and regional leadership trainings
- Effectively recruit and manage Coaches
- Represent Let’s Get Ready on college campuses and at occasional networking events
- Engage peers through group recruitment events and individual outreach via tabling, phone calls, emails, and in-person outreach
- Ensure coach recruitment goals are met before the start of the program
- Directly supervise, engage with, and evaluate volunteer Coaches in lesson plan preparation and execution, as well as overall classroom managements
- Execute high-quality events and activities
- Plan, execute, attend, and announce all events such as diagnostic exams, Coach Training, college trips, and the end-of-program celebration
- Design effective incentives to ensure student and coach retention
- Manage a budget for the program and maintain records of all purchases and receipts
- Manage program data entry and communications
- Responsible for ensuring all program data is up-to-date, including student and coach enrollment paperwork, attendance, student diagnostic exam scores, Coach classroom evaluations, and other data as assigned
- Maintain open and professional communication with Co-Site Director, Program Manager and Site Partner
- Communicate all program events and updates to students, Coaches, family members, Let’s Get Ready staff, and Site Partners
- Respond to program inquiries in a timely manner, and serve as a point person for all student and coach outreach
- $1,750/semester in fall and spring
- $2,250/semester in summer
Let’s Get Ready seeks individuals who have leadership skills and are looking to develop them even further. Candidates must:
- Have exceptional communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and have a strong network to recruit volunteer Coaches.
- Be interested in and comfortable with working with high school students in historically underrepresented communities.
- Be a current undergraduate student (preferred) or graduate student.
- Work authorization required.
- Note that some sites may have additional required qualifications.
- Executive Director, Cloud 9 Community Farms
- Manager of Communications, Women’s Way
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.