PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Meaningful Watershed Experiences – Jan 27
Posted by PA STEM Coalition on January 25, 2022
The PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Meaningful Watershed Experiences will be held on January 27, 2022, 8:30 – 9:30 AM – The session will feature representatives from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Stroud Research Center, and the PA Department of Education as Pennsylvania begins to roll out the Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE) in schools across the state. The goal of MWEE is to provide meaningful and relevant environmental education programs that will help students to develop into environmental stewards. Through the program, students will experience hands-on research, take agency of their learning, and engage in a real-world environmental project aimed at addressing an existing challenge they’ve identified.
These MWEE projects are most successful when community stakeholders partner with the educators and students to support the successful implementation of the student-selected environmental project. Please join us to learn more about how you and your organization might get involved and make a difference – in your community, our environment, and in supporting our students as they gain the skills to become effective stewards of our planet.
- Pre-register for the meeting and you can do so up until the meeting is set to start or during the meeting.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- For day-of questions, text or phone:
- Betsy Payne, Manager, Philadelphia STEM Ecosystem Manager: 856-304-6295
- Amanda Smith, ENGINE of Central PA Executive Director: 814-360-9158
For general details or questions, please email Nancy Peter: email@example.com
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- COLLEGE ACCESS & SUCCESS ECOSYSTEM (CASE): The Next CASE Convening – Mar 6
- Save the Date & Call for Proposals – Transforming Student Support: Exploring Best Practices in Collegiate Recovery Conference – Apr 5
- COVID Learning Loss as Measured in the PISA: Which Countries Fared Best and Which Fared Worst? – Apr 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.