PA School Funding and Advocacy 101 – Feb 19 & 23
Posted by Education Voters PA on February 16, 2021
Join Education Voters for “PA School Funding and Advocacy 101” for an overview of school funding issues, an update on the school funding lawsuit and more.
Education Voters PA February 2021
- Fri, February 19, 12:00pm–1:00pm EST
- Tue, February 23, 7:00pm–8:00pm EST
Questions we will answer include:
- How are schools funded in PA?
- Who decides how much funding my local schools get?
- What is the Basic Education Funding Formula (fair funding formula)?
- Why does Pennsylvania have the widest funding gap between wealthy and poor school districts of any state in the country?
- How are charter schools funded and how can the current system be reformed?
- How can I most effectively advocate for the school funding students in my district and throughout Pennsylvania’s need and deserve?
We will also provide a brief update on Pennsylvania’s school funding lawsuit, which is scheduled to go to trial this year. (Visit www.FundOurSchoolsPa.org to learn more!) And we’ll have plenty of time for Q&A.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Better Photographs for Successful Marketing – May 20
- Al-Bustan Block Party at South Kensington – May 15
- Sojourner Truth Walk: Honoring Our Teachers – May 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.