Outreach Coordinator (Drug Free Communities), Southeast Philadelphia Collaborative
Reports To: SEPC Director
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Hours: Flexible with some evening and weekend hours required
SUMMARY: The Southeast Philadelphia Collaborative informs, educates and organizes a broad, diverse network of community partners, policymakers and stakeholders to leverage greater access to resources and opportunities that address the needs of youth in Southeast Philadelphia. As an initiative of United Communities, the collaborative encompasses the majority of the agency’s community outreach efforts. SEPC staff work to build partnerships and collaboration among agencies in the neighborhood through a combination of school-based coordination and neighborhood-based substance abuse prevention, the South Philadelphia Prevention Coalition. The Drug Free Communities Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the work of the South Philadelphia Prevention Coalition.
• Identify appropriate partner organizations or agencies to participate in the coalition, specifically focusing on cultural organizations
• Recruit 7 – 10 youth leaders and facilitate monthly meetings with those youth
• Work with youth to develop a logo for the South Philadelphia Prevention Coalition
• Work with youth leaders to ensure youth and adult surveys are distributed, completed, and returned
• Support updates and maintenance to the Collaborative’s and the Coalition’s web pages, Collaborative Facebook page and e-mail blast
• Attend community meetings including Safety Taskforce, Civic Association
• Assist the Coordinator to identify meetings, events and places where outreach activities for adults and youth should take place
• Maintain meeting minutes, attendance logs, and engagement efforts
• Track and request payments of youth stipends
• Record youth participation in United Communities’ ETO database
• Provide monthly reports of outreach activity to the Coordinator and members of the Coalition
Qualifications – Essential:
• Four (4) year college degree in education, social work, or social services
• Ability to network and build relationships with diverse groups of people
• Current PA State Criminal Clearance, DPW Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint, Health Appraisal w/ Mantoux TB Test
Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Essential:
• Experience leading or facilitating meetings, discussions, and/or collaborative projects
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), particularly using Excel to collate data sets and create user-friendly graphs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Desirable:
• Experience with collaboration and relationship-building.
• Basic understanding of data use and statistics.
• Experience working with Philadelphia public schools and non-profit organizations.
United Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United Communities, in its name and its mission statement, affirms its celebration of diversity. It welcomes the employment of a diverse staff and provides equal employment opportunities to all persons qualified by reason of education, training, experience and/or personal character, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, non-job related disability or military/veteran status. All employees or applicants are treated equitably with regard to hiring, promoting, demoting, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, benefits, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.