Outreach Coordinator, Clean Air Council
Posted by on September 19, 2003
Please foward: Anyone with professional or volunteer organizing experience and an interest in the environment is encouraged to apply for one of the following positions…
Job Description: Outreach Coordinator?new constituency outreach
Clean Air Council seeks an energetic professional to strengthen the Council?s constituency outreach. This job involves building stronger relationships with traditional allies such as other environmental organizations, conservation groups, religious organizations concerned with stewardship, etc. The job also involves reaching out to new constituencies. The Council has identified segments of the population in the Philadelphia area that should be receptive to the Council?s environmental protection message. The Outreach Coordinator will develop and implement a plan to reach these new constituencies.
* Writing and overseeing the creation of outreach materials.
* Developing and implementing a plan to effectively deliver the Clean Air Council?s environmental message to new constituencies.
* Developing a familiarity with media outlets that serve targeted constituencies.
* Reaching out to other environmental, conservation, public health, and religious organizations for support of Council priorities.
* 3 to 5 years in coalition building.
* Proven ability to work creatively and effectively with a wide variety of people and interest groups.
* Strong organizational skills. Attention to detail, ability to be concurrently involved in many activities and to work under pressure.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Computer proficiency and database management experience desirable. Web skills preferred.
* Willingness to work off hours such as night and weekends.
* Experienced in problem solving and working independently.
* Work well under pressure and take deadlines seriously.
* Ability to assimilate a large amount of information quickly.
The position will be based in Philadelphia, Pa. Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package includes flexible work schedule, dental and medical coverage, and a generous vacation schedule.
How to Apply:
Submit resume, letter of introduction explaining interest in the position, and salary requirements to: Joseph Otis Minott, Esq, Executive Director, 135 S. 19th Street, Suite 300, Philadelphia, Pa. 19103. Resumes can be faxed to 215-567-5791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
- Summer Program Instructor, Workshop School
- Be a Philly pool hero: lifeguard training now open
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.