Outreach Coordinator, ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
Posted by After School Activities Partnerships (ASAP) on June 28, 2022
Through four citywide initiatives – Chess, Debate, Drama, and Scrabble – ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships helps more than 4,000 youth each year discover passions and friendships that can last a lifetime. Each year, ASAP coordinates 300 after school and summer enrichment programs in partnership with more than 200 schools, libraries, recreation centers, and community-based organizations throughout Philadelphia. ASAP’s program model can be adapted to a wide range of out-of-school time settings to help teachers, informal educators, and volunteers foster the personal growth and sense of belonging for participating youth.
The Outreach Coordinator will support the organization’s targeted expansion of out-of-school time programming in priority schools and communities, specifically School District of Philadelphia traditional neighborhood schools and neighborhoods with high rates of gun violence. Working with ASAP’s Director of Strategic Engagement, the Outreach Coordinator will promote ASAP’s four citywide initiatives – ASAP Chess, ASAP Debate, ASAP Drama, and ASAP Scrabble — to school principals, teachers, and community educators and recruit new ASAP club leaders. The position will also support ASAP’s efforts to deepen engagement with ASAP’s key stakeholders, including families and caregivers, volunteers, and youth.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about empowering youth, strengthening communities, and providing equitable educational opportunities
- Value creativity, critical thinking, and attention to detail
- Display strong interpersonal skills and a history of connecting with diverse communities
- Demonstrate impact in collaborative settings to accomplish strategic goals
- Can multi-task and organize multiple long-term projects with overlapping deadlines
- Are familiar with the Philadelphia school system, preferably as an alumnus and/or parent/caregiver of a Philadelphia student
- Experience with youth development programs, education, or community outreach preferred but not required
- Have the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Required education: minimum Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Be able to obtain clearances required to work with youth (available through ASAP)
Preferred Start Date: August 1, 2022
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.