Outreach Coordinator – ACCESS, Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Assists consumers of behavioral health services in making full use of natural community supports in addition to all available behavioral health services which enable the consumer to live a stable, healthy and safe life in the community of their choice. This is accomplished by performing the following duties.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Education/Certificate/License/ Skills and/or Experience
- At least two years behavioral health experience and experience working with the homeless
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, and electronic health records, using Microsoft Office Applications, ADP and other relevant software as demonstrated by the ability to create, read and send e-mail through Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have basic electronic communication and internet skills
- Must be able to use new computer systems and/or software functions as they become available.
- Ability to enter data on a mobile handheld devise while in the field.
- High School or GED Diploma
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be outside in various weather conditions. Must have the ability to walk long distances possibly on uneven pavements city blocks and park areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a desk with ergonomically appropriate equipment and to do some light lifting up to 25 lbs., climb steps, and walk around to multiple MHASP locations. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform his/her essential job duties.
- Must be able to work holidays.
- 90% of the work is done in the field with a partner. Should have the ability to work in a team setting. The shift is from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. with extended hours during “Code Blue” or “Code Red”.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform his/her essential job duties.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Adult Education Associate, AFAHO – Feb 28
- Executive Director, Joseph’s House of Camden
- Cultural Health Navigator – Male Engagement, AFAHO – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.