Outdoor School Teacher Naturalist FALL 2022, College Settlement
Posted by College Settlement on August 2, 2022
Hiring Teacher Naturalists now for our 3 part Outdoor School program. Environmental education/team building/camp fun!
- Lead small groups of students through natural history based lessons
- Lead small groups of students through group challenge activities
- Lead large group ice breaker activities
- Lead evening programs (campfires, night hikes)
- Make students’ field trip a fun, rewarding and memorable positive experience!
Our ideal staff members exhibit enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, integrity, self-motivation and adaptability. They are collaborative, spontaneous, willing to be goofy but also have a good head on their shoulders! Our staff members treat others with respect, and work though the tougher moments treating everyone with dignity and grace. TN duties are typically 5 day work weeks with some occasional weekend work available (compensated).
We look for folks who can make good judgement calls, are hard working, self motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and prepared to dive into any and all activities that we offer. We recruit staff who will be positive role models, who are patient, compassionate and genuinely committed to the welfare and development of young people! Our Teacher Naturalists represent our organization therefore we look for staff members who are comfortable working with a students and teachers from a wide variety of schools, from urban to private, elementary to high school.
- Campus Compact Student Design Fellowship – Oct 27
- Special Projects Manager (Remote), Campus Compact
- Student Engagement Coordinator (Remote), Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.