Our Town Grant Program
Posted by National Endowment for the Arts on June 6, 2016
NEA Invites Creative Placemaking Proposals for Our Town Grant Program
The National Endowment for the Arts has published guidelines and the application for the next funding round of Our Town, the agency’s primary creative placemaking grants program.
The Our Town grant program supports creative placemaking projects that help to transform communities into lively, beautiful, and resilient places with the arts at their core. This funding supports local efforts to enhance quality of life and opportunity for existing residents, increase creative activity, and create a distinct sense of place.
Through the program, subject to the availability of funding, the endowment will provide a limited number of grants for creative placemaking. Our Town requires partnerships between arts organizations and government, other nonprofit organizations, and private entities to achieve livability goals for communities.
Our Town offers support for projects in two areas:
1) Arts Engagement, Cultural Planning, and Design Projects: In this category, projects represent the distinct character and quality of their communities. These projects require a partnership between a nonprofit organization and a local government entity, with one of the partners being a cultural organization. Matching grants range from $25,000 to $200,000.
2) Projects that Build Knowledge About Creative Placemaking. These projects are available to arts and design service organizations, and industry or university organizations that provide technical assistance to those doing place-based work. Matching grants range from $25,000 to $100,000.
Complete program guidelines, an FAQ, and information on previously funded projects are available at the NEA website.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Policies to Build and Sustain Economic Security and Wealth for Families and Communities of Color – Sep 7
- Birth Justice Rapid Response Fund – Aug 14
- 2022 National Voter Registration Day Event Grant – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.