Organizing Director, Women’s Community Revitalization Project (WCRP)
Company: Women’s Community Revitalization Project (WCRP)
Date Posted: August 25, 2014
The Organizing Director is responsible for developing and guiding WCRP’s organizing and advocacy work. These efforts support WCRP’s housing and equitable development agenda as well as serve as a vehicle for the development of leadership within the organization and in the community as a whole.
• Coordinating strategic relationship building with individuals, institutions, public officials and other decision-makers with the goal of heightening the power and stature of WCRP in the community and city;
• Convening and staffing city-wide and local coalition efforts;
• Supervising a full time community organizer and student interns; and
• Participating in fundraising and managing awarded funds.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
A competitive benefits package includes healthcare coverage, four weeks vacation yearly and opportunities for additional training.
Qualifications: Strong leadership skills with the capacity to build and nurture the leadership of others. A minimum of 5 years experience in community organizing including campaign development, supervision of staff, building and supporting coalitions, developing and facilitating training. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
- Community Health Program Coordinator, CHOP
- Homeowner Services Intake Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity – Nov 11
- Individual Giving Manager, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.