Optics-Related Education Projects – Jan 31
SPIE Invites Applications for Optics-Related Education Projects
SPIE is an international society that works to advance an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light.
As part of its education outreach mission, SPIE will award grants to support optics- and photonics-related education outreach activities. The society offers two kinds of grants: SPIE Education Outreach grants and Sustaining grants.
1) SPIE Education Outreach grants: Recipients of Outreach grants are required to submit an annual outreach report to the society on how the grant was used within ninety days of completing the activity. New Education Outreach grant applications must demonstrate new activities beyond that on which a previous award was used.
2) Sustaining Grants: If a program has received an Education Outreach Grant twice in a period of five years, it can only apply for further support through a Sustaining grant, up to a maximum of $2,000. There is no limit to the number of times a program can apply for a Sustaining grant, but it will be in competition with all other proposals for every application.
To be eligible, applicants must be a nonprofit organization such as a university, optics center, science center, primary and secondary school, youth club, industry association, or international optical society.
See the SPIE website for complete program guidelines, information about previous grant recipients, and application instructions.
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Learn more and apply: http://spie.org/education/education-outreach-resources/education-outreach-grants
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- New Social Justice Educator Fund, Learning for Justice
- Adult Literacy Grants – Feb 17
- 2022-2023 Community Revitalization Fellowship – Feb 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.