Operations Specialist, Year Up
Posted by Year Up on February 19, 2019
The Operations Specialist will report directly to the Associate Director of Operations and will support the efficiency of the site by defining new processes and improving existing systems. The Operations Specialist (Philadelphia, PA) will execute and deliver on a range of responsibilities, including supporting local finance, facilities management, staff support and communication with external stakeholders and vendors.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be comfortable working independently and will thrive in a fast-paced environment where you’re asked to juggle competing priorities and deadlines. You’ll be asked to move with a sense of urgency and work with and across teams to ensure that departmental and site needs are met. You’ll be someone who enjoys thinking creatively and critically about how to constantly improve the functionality of the site as a whole, offering input and suggestions. Prior experience in operations, project management and finance is ideal, as well as an ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Operations Specialist (Philadelphia, PA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Operational Systems and Staff Support
- Maintain and cultivate external vendor relationships
- Work across teams to create efficient systems and processes
- Maintain facilities, including general office support as needed
- Manage supply ordering, track budget, and ensure up to date emergency procedures are in place, in addition to other duties as assigned
- Review and process all staff expense report transactions through online system (Concur), ensuring that all items are coded to the correct General Ledger segment
- Support site technology infrastructure by working with the National IT Team
- Manage logistics for staff meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as a thought-partner to the Operations team on a range of strategic questions and organizational initiatives
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the leadership team and in collaboration with other team members, as needed
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/ mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
Read more and apply: https://yearup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=1982
- Afterschool Group Leaders, Martha Washington School
- Education Coordinator, Pendle Hill – Oct 20
- STEM Workforce Development Manager, McKinney Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.