Operations Coordinator, Read by 4th
Posted by Read by 4th on November 23, 2021
The Operations Coordinator provides critical administrative and operational support to the campaign. This includes managing our office space and supplies, interfacing with vendors, processing payment authorizations and tracking all spending, maintaining our partner database and tracking our partner on-boarding process, and supporting meeting and event logistics. Competitive candidates will have strong organizational skills, will enjoy getting to know and supporting our partners, and passion for supporting early literacy in Philadelphia.
This position is full-time, exempt, and reports to the Executive Director of Read by 4th.
- Maintain a functioning office space including ensuring an inventory of office supplies, and ensuring our supply of partner resources (children’s books and family resources) is organized and
- Manage relationships with vendors, including requests to vendors for print orders and supplies
- Process invoices and expenses for staff and vendors
- Maintain database used to track expenses against annual departmental budget
- Provide reports to the development and finance departments on spending
- Arrange for couriers and delivery of supplies to partners
- Support the on-going up-keep of our digital filing system ensuring key information and documents can be found and used by the full team
Meetings and Events:
- Coordinate logistics for partner meetings and events (both in-person and via zoom), including scheduling, RSVPs, and virtual platforms and/or room reservations
- Coordinate catering requests as necessary
Partner and Program Support:
- Maintain the partner directory database
- Track the on-boarding process for new partners from attending an orientation to connection with an existing working group or steering committee
- Ensure new partners are added to the website and newsletter distribution list
We strongly encourage Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGTBQ people, seniors, and speakers of multiple languages to apply.
To apply, email resume and cover letter as one pdf to Abby Thaker (email@example.com) with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Director, Professional & Personal Development, Villanova University
- Program Associate, Summer Search Phila.
- Special Projects Manager, Read by 4th
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.