Operations Coordinator, Fleisher Art Memorial
Posted by Fleisher Art Memorial on September 18, 2017
Under the supervision of Fleisher’s business manager and closely with your colleagues in the programs department, you will coordinate operational details to ensure that delivery of Fleisher’s educational programs are of the highest quality, consistent with the goals and objectives outlined in Fleisher’s strategic plan. You will be the main point-of-contact to ensure that the needs of our faculty, models, teaching assistants, studio monitors, and other critical studio personnel are met with professionalism, efficiency, and grace. This is an administrative position for a highly organized person with strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
This is a fulltime nonexempt position starting at $15/hour with a competitive benefits package, designed for future professional growth in our organization. Must have flexible hours and be present at key times such as mornings and evenings.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Student memberships
- Faculty: contracts, payroll, and substitutions
- Models: scheduling, payroll, substitutions
- GRID/room set-up
- Faculty equipment and supply requests
- Tuition Assistance
- Monitor credit card use per budgeted expenses
- Programs-related job postings, onboarding, and termination
- Organization of Program Dept. files (on and offline)
Secondary (support) responsibilities include:
- Managing calendar of interdepartmental staff meetings and taking/distributing minutes
- Purchasing supplies for classes and store
- Equipment oversight, and assistance with set-up
- Coordination with the Audience Engagement team on tasks such as front desk schedule, room availability, visitor tours, and orientations
- Lottery support for our Saturday Young Artists’ program
- Proofreading/filing programs-related contracts/agreements/MOUs/legal
- Handling offsite insurance needs
- Support ColorWheels Coordinator with site agreements
- Support Registrar with refunds and other tasks
- Support Communications dept. with checking updates on web and printed collateral e.g. faculty bios, supply lists.
- Four-year degree. At least two years’ administrative experience.
- Demonstrated project or team management experience.
- Capable computer skills such as database entry, accounting software, and Excel.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Additional language skills preferred but not essential.
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.