Operational Manager, Change 4a Dollar
Posted by Change 4a Dollar on May 18, 2015
Department: Executive Leadership
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $21,840 – $32,760 annually
To assist in operation and provide direct support to operational staff.
II. Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
The Operational Manager manages activities and functions of a designated program to ensure the goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, evaluate the program effectiveness and develop improvement methods or other specifications. The Operational Manager has more complex fiscal responsibilities including staff management and guidance, control and decision making of the sites coordination.
III. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Operational Manager involves administration needs of operation and functions. Employee must plan, train, and evaluate the program’s employees and effectiveness as well as developing improvement methods.
• Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
• Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
• Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
• Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
• Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
• Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
• Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an monthly evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
• Report evaluations findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
• Coordinate, monitor or supervise the activities of subordinates
• Confers with and advises staff, students and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretation; refers to appropriate department person when unable to respond
• Evaluates program effectiveness to develop improved methods
• Superior listening and communication skills, both oral and written
• Leadership spirited with the ability to work independently with self-motivation
• Ability to think and plan strategically
• Ability to solve problems and find timely resolution to issues
• Exceptional selling, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
• Ability to work well with other internal departments and stakeholders
• Demonstrated excellence in business relationship-building skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, fulfill responsibilities, and meet deadlines
V. Statement of Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and practices related to youth development and educational issues
• Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Experienced in developing and managing budgets, hiring, and training, supervising and assessing personnel
• Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based computer application and database management
• The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience in a community-based organization
• Event planning; Curriculum planning and implementation.
• Flexible; possessing the ability to wear different, “hats” on short notice.
VI. Personal Characteristics:
The Operational Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aliens with the values of the organization
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creatively/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Partnerships Director, City Year
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.