Online Event: The Status of Women in Philadelphia – May 25
Posted by Philadelphia Bar Association on May 24, 2022
This discussion will be moderated by Jovida Hill, executive director of the Philadelphia Commission for Women. The Commission is co-sponsoring the event.- Women’s health (including reproductive rights).
Panelists will discuss topics including:
- Re-entry issues for women after incarceration
- The impact of the pandemic on women workers
- Philadelphia’s model eviction innovations that protect women and children.
Panelists include Nadia Hewka, senior attorney at Community Legal Services, Dr. Aasta Mehta, medical officer of Women’s Health for the Philadelphia Department of Public Health and a practicing OB/GYN in Philadelphia, and Rasheedah Phillips, director of housing at Policy Link.
We are honored that Carol Tracy, who is retiring as executive director of the Women’s Law Project, will join us to discuss reproductive rights and to reflect on her decades of leadership fighting for women’s rights.
Date and Time: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Women in Science: Opportunities Conference – Oct 6
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month Events 2023
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day Philly – Oct 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.