Online Event: Teach Plus on Best Practices to Improve Teacher Diversity – Jul 19
Posted by To&Through Project on June 14, 2022
Learn about and give feedback on Teach Plus’ work to codify best practices for improving teacher diversity throughout the teacher pipeline.
About this event
Josh Kaufmann, Kristen Ciciora, and Teach Plus teacher leaders will present on their work to codify best practices for improving teacher diversity at all parts of the teacher pipeline, from what it takes for students of color to consider education as a career to how schools need to change in order to better support their educators of color. Josh is the Executive Director and Kristen is the Senior Director of Instructional Programs at Teach Plus Illinois.
The To&Through Data Collaborative is a space for the presentation and discussion of new work in education data in Chicago. The group meets to hear about a new body of work and give feedback on a problem of practice or project. During each presentation, we aim to accomplish three goals:
- Build community among educational leaders focused on educational equity.
- Highlight innovative and emerging educational/youth-serving data work.
- Provide honest and actionable feedback to help improve our colleagues’ work.
Date and Time: Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CDT
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Civic Innovation Scholars Program, PCCE – Oct 13
- Cecil B. Moore Scholarship: Full-Tuition at Temple for North Philadelphia Students
- Virtual Info Session: AmeriCorps as a Pathway for Post-Secondary Success – Sep 27
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.